Joining Saturday Afternoon Gentlemen Sailing (SAGS)
The SAGS community is composed of entrepreneurs, expatriates, and sports enthusiasts. It was formed by the gentlemen who all share the unbridled passion and commitment for sailing: Jun Avecilla, Stan Krug, Jeremy Simpson and distinctly, the late Peter Sharpe. Where Peter left, immediately former congressman and commodore Ricky Sandoval picked up the cudgels and since then has greatly contributed to the club’s growth.
Objectives of the Membership:
- Connect individuals that have a common affinity to boating and marine-related activities in creating great camaraderie
- Promote sailing and watersports for the upliftment of the community
- Provide opportunities that will advance yacht racing and in the country and around the world
- Further enhance the sailing community in Subic Bay
- Meet interesting people, create a great network of contacts, and establish lasting friendships
- Enjoy boating and social events (on land or on water) with other sailors (locally, regionally and internationally)
- Free mooring/berthing at Watercraft Ventures and at the Lighthouse Jetty during the Subic Bay to Boracay Race, Boracay Cup Regatta and Commodore’s Cup regatta
- Discounts with partners and establishments
- Membership in the SAGS Club connects you to fellow members in key industries such as insurance, shipping, finance, banking, sailing, hotel, restaurant, tourism, water sports, and aviation
- Well known and respected reputation
- Opportunities to sail/learn to sail for both adults and children
- Host of major Int’l Events –Subic Bay to Boracay Race, Boracay Cup Regatta and Commodore’s Cup Regatta
Other additional benefits:
- 10% Discount at The Sands Resto Grill and 720 Bar*
- 10% Discount on Room Accommodation* at The Lighthouse Marina Resort (Not valid on weekends, holidays and eve of holidays)*
- 20% Discount at All Out and Watercraft Ventures Inc.*
- Discounts at Quiksilver Harbor Point*
- Use of Peter Sharpe boat at cost (rates to be announced)*
- Discounts by Stumpy Sharpe at Dive Citizen*
*Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability and may change without prior notice.
SAGS welcomes applications for membership from local and international boaters who would like to join our active community. Two criterias are essential in joining the club:
- Must have an active interest in boating (ownership of a boat is not required)
- Practice highest standards of seamanship and exemplify camaraderie for the advancement of the club
The application process begins the membership form which can be filled out through the following:
- Online Application Form (provided on this page)
- Downloadable Membership Form (send completed form via email to email@example.com)
There are several levels of membership available: Crew Member and Boat Owner.
Members of the Club are entitled to access community boats, participate in a wide range of regattas and cruises, and enjoy activities and dining events throughout the year.
For more information, see the SAGS Membership Brochure to download the brochure and our Frequently Asked Questions (including costs) page. Prospective members are also invited to contact the Membership Director for questions or to learn more about the Club.
SAGS is incorporated for the purpose of encouraging yachting and boating of all kinds, and the development of recreational marine advantages of the Subic Bay Freeport Zone and its surrounding territories.
Fees and Dues
The SAGS membership fee is Php1,000 per annum ($25) and renewable every January 15.
For further inquiries, you can contact: